No, you can not use an expired prescription to order contact lenses. Plano and corrective contact lens prescriptions expire just as prescriptions for corrective eye glasses expire. Under Federal guidelines we only accept currently valid prescriptions from a licensed optometrist.
If your contact lens prescription has expired please visit your Eye Care Provider for an examination BEFORE placing an order.
To get your prescription verified quickly:
- Add desired lenses to shopping cart.
- Proceed through the checkout system, entering all the required information.
- The last step before you submit your order, in the Order Review section of the shopping cart, is where you will enter your Eye Care Professional's Information (Name and Phone Number).
- We then contact your Eye Care Provider to verify your prescription.
- Verifying your contact lens prescription takes a minimum of 24 hours.
- For more information on processing and shipping times Please Click Here.
Article ID: 12, Created On: 8/1/2011, Modified: 2/8/2013