When choosing colored contacts there are a few different choices and options that you should be aware of in order to make an informed purchase.
Lens Diameter and Base Curve
All of our lenses state what dimensions (Dia and BC) they are in the "Additional Information" section of the product page. Make sure to check this information carefully to be sure you are ordering the correct size for your eyes. We do not not ship out lenses in a specific size based off your submitted prescription or Eye Doctor's information, we use this information for prescription verification purposes only. If your eyes require a different size than the desired lens is available in please submit a Customer Service Ticket and we will do our best to help you. Please note that we do not make custom or specialty lenses.
Pairs vs. Single Lenses
Most of our Colored Contact Lenses are sold as pairs, however a few styles are sold as single lenses. Listed next to the price on each product page is exactly what is included for the price stated. Most of our Halloween and Theatrical lenses are sold as Single Lenses. This gives our customers the convenience to mix-and-match lenses for countless style options.
Power vs. Plano
- Per Lens - Means that the stated price is for One Single Lens. One Single Lens is just one (1) lens for one eye. If you would like to purchase a pair of lenses you must enter "2" in the Quantity Box.
- Per Pair - Means that the price is for a Pair Of Lenses. A pair of lenses consists of two (2) singles lenses, one lens for each eye. Enter "1" in the Quantity Box to purchase a Pair of Lenses.
Power refers to the strength of vision correction for contact lenses. Measured in diopters, it is scaled in 0.25 increments and is always preceded by a + (plus) or a – (minus). Plano lenses have no vision correction at all and are meant for those who do not require vision correction. Plano color contact lenses can be worn for cosmetic purposes in conjunction with prescription eyeglasses. If you want non-corrective color contacts, please select the Plano (0.00) option when purchasing your lenses.
Some of our Prescription Colored Contacts come with the option to choose different prescriptions for each eye. Some of them come packaged with the same power per pair of lenses. Below the Price on the product page will be one of the following:
Verifying Your Prescription
- Power* with a Select an Option drop-down - Means that lens is only available as a pair of lenses with the same power. If you need different powers for each of your eyes and you want a brand that does not offer this option, you must purchase two pairs, one of each prescription.
- Right (OD)* and Left (OS)* each with their own Select an Option drop-down - Means that lens has the option to be purchased with different powers per eye.
Submitting your prescription information is very simple. Once you have added your desired lenses to the shopping cart, proceed through the checkout system. In the Order Review section of the shopping cart fill in your Eye Care Professional's Information (name and phone number) and we will verify that your prescription is current and valid. We do not not ship out lenses in a specific size or prescriptive power based off your submitted prescription or Eye Doctor's information, we use your Eye Doctor's information to verify that you have a prescription for contact lenses and we ship you exactly what you order. If you need prescription contacts be sure to choose the correct power when ordering your lenses, if you need non-prescription contacts choose "0.00". Verifying your contact lens prescription takes a minimum of 24 hours. Once verified, your order will be processed and shipped.
The FDA now considers all contact lenses medical devices; this includes Plano (0.00) lenses and can only be sold with the involvement of an Eye Care Professional. Due to new Federal law it is required that you, the customer, see an eye care professional and obtain a valid prescription before purchasing any corrective or Plano contact lenses.
When you first receive your lenses check them out through the vials or blister packs before opening them. If you are unhappy with the lenses please submit a Return Ticket. Returned item(s) must be unopened with all seals intact. Due to health and sanitary restrictions our Return Policy states we are unable to issue refunds unless the lens vials/blister packs are still sealed, so be sure that you are happy with your lenses before opening them.
* These are basic guidelines and helpful tips and are intended for informational purposes only. Always follow your Eye Doctor's instructions for proper care and use of your color contacts.
Article ID: 111, Created On: 1/11/2013, Modified: 6/25/2013